This is a book about people and their stories. Not fictious, “Once upon a time” stories, but factual, “It happened to me” stories. Rebecca Tucker chose 69 of her articles published in THE HERALD NEWS which tell of people with courage, patriotism, compassion, grit, commitment, and love.
• Take you to a fun´eral (not to be confused with a funeral) where you will share fun and smiles when you hear the tributes.
• Tell you how a Montana teenager’s long-ago decision impacts the lives of thousands of veterans.
• Explore with you The Town and The Gown connection which brought financial, educational, and spiritual benefits when Bryan College opened.
• Insist that you “Say the names” of local veterans who sacrificed all for this county.
• Share with you World War II memories from the battlefield and the homefront.
• And more
The book tells stories of neighbors and friends
whose lives enrich their community.
After retiring as a teacher and school administrator, Rebecca Tucker began writing feature articles for THE HERALD-NEWS in historic Dayton, TN. She collected 69 of her best for Hear Their Stories. Always one to see the glass half full, she encouraged optimism among her readers by writing about those who had a positive impact on the community. She received a Tennessee Press Award for her work. The mother of two and grandmother of three recently moved to Knoxville, TN where she enjoys exercising with friends at the Y and volunteering at City Hills Church.