Imagine standing in the middle of a beautiful house and being able to say without a shadow of a doubt, “I am the owner.”
To be a homeowner can most certainly be considered part of the American dream; however, due to historic disparities and systemic racial biases noted in the mortgage lending industry, that seems to be all it is nowadays: a dream. Various regulations and myths have sprouted up over countless years which have clouded our judgement and have made us believe only the wealthy and the privileged will ever be able to afford a home.
This, thankfully, is not the case.
With over thirty years of experience and knowledge in the real estate, business, and financial industries as well as holding various degrees in the Christian ministry, Dr. Regina Murray has created an informative guide that debunks the myths and settles worried minds through sincere facts, personal experience, and insightful Scripture.
Possess The Land is the go-to guide which pledges to give guidance to any who are in the market for a home to call their own. Murray clearly and concisely covers an array of topics, including, but not limited to:
• Financial differences of renting versus owning a home
• How to wisely invest your money into an affordable home
• How to build and retain generational wealth
• Dispelling five common homeowner myths
• Building and protecting your credit score
• Debt to income ratios in the market
• Rules and regulations that existed in historical real estate and still exist now
• The consequences of the redlining mindset
• Reminders to seek spiritual guidance through God’s Word
Through smart financial decisions, a clearer mindset, and knowledge that God created the land so that His children may cultivate it (Deuteronomy 11:24; Joshua 1:3-4), it is time to turn the dream of owning a home into a reality of being a true homeowner.